This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Relationship Between Port Shape and Engine Performance for Two-Stroke Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 28, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Measurement using a three-dimensional anemometric-tester was made for the gas flow inside the cylinder of a two-stroke engine while the shape of the transfer port was modified. The relationship between port shape and engine performance was investigated for various factors that characterize the flow in cylinder. In this paper, we focused mainly on two engine running conditions: the maximum output at 11750 rpm and the output at 10000 rpm. As a result, we found that the maximum output is most related to the tangential inclination angles of the main transfer port, and the inner vent radius of the main transfer duct.
CitationKinoshita, H. and Motoyama, Y., "The Relationship Between Port Shape and Engine Performance for Two-Stroke Engines," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3333, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3333.
- Jante A. “Scavenging Flow Ducts of 3-Cyl 2-Stroke Cycle Engines” SAE paper 680468
- Blair G. P. “Studying Scavenge Flow in a Two-Stroke Engine” SAE paper 750752
- Blair G. P. Kenny R. G. “Further Developments in Scavenging Analysis for Two-Stroke Engines” SAE paper 800038
- Blair G. P. Kenny R. G. “Experimental Assessment of Scavenging Efficiency of Two-Stroke Cycle Engines” SAE paper 800975
- Nuti M. Martorano L. “Short-Circuit Ratio Evaluation in the Scavenging of Two-Stroke S.I. Engines” SAE paper 850177
- Plohberger D. Mikulic L. A. Landfahrer K. “Development of a Fuel Injected Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine” SAE paper 880170
- Jaros K. “Eine neue Methode zur Bemessung und Bewertung der Spulvorgange bei Zweitaktmotoren” Kraftfahrzeugtechnik Berlin 36 1986 6
- Jaros K. “Anemometric Tester Operation instruction”