This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Status of Chinese Motorcycle Emissions and a Study of Application of Catalytic Converter on Two–Stroke Scooter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 28, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The motorcycle Industry is one of the advantageous industries with developing potentialities in China.
Depending on chassis dynamometer test results from more than 100 motorcycles a motorcycle emission data–base was set up. By using this motorcycle emission data–base the status overview of Chinese motorcycle emissions is given.
Unleaded gasoline will be used throughout china in 2000, which creates essential prerequisite for application of catalytic converter technique.
Catalytic control of motorcycle emissions requires that the catalytic converter must be carefully integrated into the exhaust system. Optimal matching between catalytic converter position and engine performance was achieved through engine tests.
Evaluation of catalytic converters was made through chassis dynamometer tests.
Emission results from motorcycle with the optimum catalytic converter can meet the present Europe motorcycle limitations (The so called motorcycle EURO–1 were taken into force in June 17th 1999)
- Wang Songqin - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
- Bai Jingsheng - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
- Liu Xin - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
- Sui Xiuwu - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
- Lin Manqun - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
- Zhao lidi - Tianjin Motorcycle Technical Center, Tianjin Univ.
CitationSongqin, W., Jingsheng, B., Xin, L., Xiuwu, S. et al., "The Status of Chinese Motorcycle Emissions and a Study of Application of Catalytic Converter on Two–Stroke Scooter," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3284, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3284.
- Official Journal of the European Communities 97 8 18
- Songqin Wang Jingsheng Bai “Statutes of Exhaust Emissions from Chinese Motorcycles and Analysis of Control course” Automotive Engineering 21
- Bruck Rolf “New Ultra Thin Wall Metal Catalysts for Close–coupled Applications” 1998 SAE International Congress and Exposition 980420 Feb. 23 1998
- Bickle G. “Catalytic Emission Control for Two–Stroke Engines,” SIAT '99/SAE 990016
- Fujimoto Hiroaki “Catalytic Converter Application for Two Stroke, Spark–ignited Marine Engine” SAE 951814