This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Modal Analysis and Operating Deflection Shapes on the Study of Trucks and Buses Dynamic Behavior
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The application of modal analysis and operating deflection shapes (ODSs) in the study of structural vibration problems has been known for years. But these tools are also very useful in the study of vehicle dynamic behavior.
This paper presents applications of these experimental techniques on the study of the dynamic response of trucks and buses. It also discusses the relationship between modal analysis and operating deflection shape measurements.
Citationde Siqueira, L. and Nogueira, F., "Application of Modal Analysis and Operating Deflection Shapes on the Study of Trucks and Buses Dynamic Behavior," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3038, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3038.
- Is It a Mode Shape, or an Operating Deflection Shape Richardson M. H. Vibrant Technology, Inc. Jamestown, California, USA Sound & Vibration Magazine 30 th Anniversary Issue March 1997
- Operating Deflection Shapes from Time versus Frequency Domain Measurements McHargue P. L. Richardson M. H. Vibrant Technology, Inc. Jamestown, California, USA Presented at 11 th IMAC Conference Kissimmee, FL 1993
- The Application of Operational Deflection Shape Investigation in the Development of the GMTG T Series Medium Duty Truck Ward C. H. General Motors Corp. SAE paper n° 962226 1996
- Determination of a Procedure for the Calculation of Vehicle’s Components Fatigue Life Siqueira, L.P. Nogueira. F. SAE paper n° 982902 1998
- Theoretical-Experimental Study on the Transmission Influence over Pass-by-Noise of Commercial Vehicles Siqueira. L.P. SAE paper n° 973124 1997
- Mechanical Vibration and shocks Measurements Broch J. T. Bruel & Kjaer 1984
- Frequency Analysis Randal R.B. B. Tech. Bruel & Kjaer 1987