This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Optimization of Tractor Frame for Noise and Vibration Reduction
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 14, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the modeling technique of the dynamic characteristics of the monocoque-type tractor frame, and the reduction technique of the noise and vibration of the tractor by the design modification of the frame are proposed. First, the vibration characteristics on each part of the tractor, and the noise characteristic in the cabin are measured. Secondly, the full-structure of the frame is separated into the sub-structures of cases and joint parts, and each one is modeled. Then, the model accuracy is improved by using the model tuning method with the sensitivity analysis. Finally, the design change of the frame is carried out with the object of increasing stiffness while reducing weight. As the result of this modification, the cabin noise level can be effectively suppressed about 4 [dB].
CitationTsujiuchi, N., Koizumi, T., Kubomoto, I., and Ishida, E., "Structural Optimization of Tractor Frame for Noise and Vibration Reduction," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2822, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2822.
- Koizumi T. Sawabe S. Kubomoto I. Ishida E. Optimization for tractor frame including dynamic characteristics of joint part Proc. of the 15 th IMAC Japan 40 46 1997
- Yasuda Y. A hand book for the frame and the agricultural machinery Koronasha 3 8 1975
- Collins J. Hart G. Hasselman T. Kenndey B. Statistical identification of structures AIAA Journal 185 190 1974
- Wang J.H. Lion C.M. Experimental identification of mechanical joint parameters ASME 28 36 1991
- Yoshimoto I. Point for design of treaded connection The Society for the Standard of Japan 159 166 1992
- Nagamatu A. Modal analysis Baihuukan 251 274 1993