This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ground-Engineering Study on Solar HP/TES Receiver for Future ISS-JEM Experiment Program
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 02, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A fundamental study was performed to develop a high efficiency solar heat receiver for a solar energy experiment mission on the Japan experiment module - exposed facility of the international space station. It is composed of a solar heat absorber, thermal energy storage and heat pipes. This system is aimed to transport solar thermal energy to a bottoming system with an efficiency of 80 %. Thermal analysis of each component was performed to assess its design approach. One ground testing model of the solar receiver was designed and fabricated in 1998, and then would be experimentally evaluated in 1999 at a test vacuum chamber of National Aerospace Laboratory.
- Hitoshi Naito - National Aerospace Laboratory, STA
- Takeshi Hoshino - National Aerospace Laboratory, STA
- Tsutomu Fujihara - National Aerospace Laboratory, STA
- Kunihisa Eguchi - National Aerospace Laboratory, STA
- Kotaro Tanaka - Shizuoka Institute of Science and Technology
- Akira Yamada - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Yuichi Ohtani - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
CitationNaito, H., Hoshino, T., Fujihara, T., Eguchi, K. et al., "Ground-Engineering Study on Solar HP/TES Receiver for Future ISS-JEM Experiment Program," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2587, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2587.
- Hoshino, T. Fujihara, T. Eguchi, K. “Basic Research on Solar Stirling Power Technology for Future Space Applications” IECEC99(Paper # 82)
- Taylor, A. L. Carrier, D. W. “The Feasibility of Processes for the Production of Oxygen on the Moon” Engineering, Construction, and Operation in Space III, Proceedings of Third International Conference Denver, USA 1992 752 762
- Welford, T. W. Winston, R. “The Optics of Nonimaging Concentrator” Academic Press New York 1978
- Kude, Y. Sohda, Y. “Thermal management of carbon-carbon composites by functionally graded fiber arrangement technique” Functionally Graded Materials 1996 Shiota I. et al. Elsevier Science B. V. Amsterdam 1997 239 244
- Naito, H. Umeoka, T. Yugami, H. Arashi, H. “Uniform heating of an emitter for a thermionic converter using concentrated solar radiation” Proc. of ISES1997 Solar Energy Congress 2 1997 253 259
- Stahle, H. J. F. Lindner, F. “Development of a high temperature storage unit for integration with solar dynamic systems” Proc. of the European Space Power Conference 1989 287 291