This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Inductor Current Sensing Peak-Power-Tracking Solar Array Regulator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 02, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The peak-power-tracking solar array regulator sensing the inductor current is proposed. Since it uses the inductor current as the solar array output power information, the PPT control scheme can be greatly simplified. The charge controlled two-loop scheme is presented to improve the dynamics due to the interaction between the inductor current and the PPT loop. The comparison between the single-voltage loop controlled system and the two-loop controlled system employing the charge control is presented.
CitationCho, Y., Lee, K., and Cho, B., "Inductor Current Sensing Peak-Power-Tracking Solar Array Regulator," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2444, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2444.
- Huynh, P. Cho B.H. Analysis and Design of a Microprocessor-Controlled Peak-Power Tracking System IECEC 1992
- Kim S.J. Cho, B.H. Analysis of Spacecraft Battery Chager Systems IECEC 1990
- Cho B.H. Lee, F.C. Large Signal Analysis of Spacecraft Power Systems IEEE PESC 1987
- Tang Wei Lee F.C. Ridley R.B. Cohen I. Charge Control: modeling, analysis and design Proc. IEEE Power Elctron. Specialists’ Conf 1992 503 511
- Ridley R.B. A new, continuous-time model for current mode control IEEE Trans. Power Electron 6 271 280 April 1991
- Voperian V. The Charge-controlled PWM switch PESC 1996
- Butler Steve J. Sable Dan M. Lee Fred C. Cho Bo H. Design of a Solar Array Simulator for the NASA EOSTestbed IECEC 1992
- Caldwell David J. Terry Bavaro L. Carian Peter J. Advanced Space Power System with Optimized Peak Power Tracking IEEE PESC 1991