This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reconstruction of the Cylinder Pressure from Vibration Measurements for Prediction of Exhaust and Noise Emissions in Ethanol Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
There are growing demands for condition monitoring of IC engines, and therefore any method in order to improve the performance of the engines ought to be evaluated. This paper proposes a new approach for the prediction and optimisation of noise and exhaust emissions in IC engines.
The idea is to reconstruct the cylinder pressure from vibration measurements on the engine surface by using the complex cepstrum method [3, 4]. The reconstructed cylinder pressure is further used as input in Multivariate models, based on cylinder pressure, for estimating noise and exhaust emissions. This paper demonstrates the applicability of the method for modelling of noise and exhaust emissions
|Technical Paper||Separation of Combustion and Mechanical Noise Using Wiener Filter|
|Technical Paper||KOMPICS on a High BMEP Engine|
CitationZurita V., G., Ågren, A., and Pettersson, E., "Reconstruction of the Cylinder Pressure from Vibration Measurements for Prediction of Exhaust and Noise Emissions in Ethanol Engines," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1658, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1658.
- Randall R. B. Determination of Frequency Analysis Bruel & Kjaer Copenhagen 1987
- Zurita, V., G Ågren A. Pettersson, E. Multivariate analysis on engine noise and exhaust emissions from an ethanol fuelled diesel SAE Noise and Vibration Conference 1997
- Randall R. B. Ren Y. Ngu H. Diesel Engine cylinder pressure reconstruction IISMA21-Noise and vibration and engineering 1996
- Cassini G. D. D'Ambrosio W. Santieri A. Frequency Domain vs. Cepstrum Technique for machinery diagnostics and input waveform Reconstruction ISMA21, Noise and vibration Engineering 1997
- Wolf, S. et al Chemometrics and intelligent Lab. Syst. 2 37 1987
- Höskuldsson, A. “PLS Regression Methods” Chemometrics 2 211 228 1988
- Saeed, M., N. Henein, N., A. Combustion Phenomena of alcohols in CI engine Journal of engineering for gas turbines and power July 1989 111 439
- Pilley A. D. Beaumont A. J. Robinson D. Mowell D. “Design of experiments for optimization of engines to meet future emission” Proc 27th ISATA Conf Aachen 1994 0947719717
- Yan J. Rogalla R. Kramer T. “Diesel Combustion and Transient Emissions Optimization Using Taguchi Methods” SAE 930600 1993
- Stone R. Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines Second 1993 1-56091-390-8