This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on Microwave Regeneration Characteristics of Diesel Particulate After-Treatment System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 03, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Many efforts have been made to apply the diesel exhaust particulate after-treatment system in practical use during the past ten years. In this paper, a diesel exhaust particulate after-treatment system with microwave energy as its external regeneration energy source is described, and the microwave regeneration characteristics of the diesel exhaust particulate after-treatment system developed are studied. The experimental results show that the regeneration efficiency can reach up to 80% with a wide regeneration window and a suitable regeneration duration. The effect of air supply on filter regeneration is also observed. It is proven that the microwave regeneration technique employed in the system is simple, effective and reliable.
CitationNing, Z. and He, Y., "Experimental Study on Microwave Regeneration Characteristics of Diesel Particulate After-Treatment System," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1470, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1470.
- Garner, C. P. et al. 1989 Microwave Assisted Regeneration of Diesel Particulate Trap SAE Paper 890174
- Zhang, C. Y. et al. 1992 Regeneration of Diesel Exhaust Particulate Filter by Microwave Energy Transaction of CSICE 10 4 1992
- Mataxas, A. C. et al. 1983 Industrial Microwave Heating Peter Peregrinus Led. London, UK
- Ning, Z. et al. 1997 Experimental Study on Microwave Regeneration for Diesel Exhaust Particulate Filter Proceedings of the International Conference on Internal Combustion Engines (ICICE) 537 541 1997
- Matsunuma, A. et al. 1991 Status of Particulate Trap System for a Heavy Duty Diesel Truck SAE Paper 910132
- Ning, Z. 1996 Experimental and Theoretical Study on Diesel Exhaust Particulate After-treatment System PhD Thesis, Dalian University of Technology