This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measured Vehicle Inertial Parameters-NHTSA’s Data Through November 1998
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper is primarily a printed listing of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) Light Vehicle Inertial Parameter Database. This database contains measured vehicle inertial parameters from SAE Paper 930897, “Measured Vehicle Inertial Parameters -NHTSA’s Data Through September 1992” (1), as well as parameters obtained by NHTSA since 1992.
The proceeding paper contained 414 entries. This paper contains 82 new entries, for a total of 496. The majority of the entries contain complete vehicle inertial parameters, some of the entries contain tilt table results only, and some entries contain both inertia and tilt table results.
This paper provides a brief discussion of the accuracy of inertial measurements. Also included are selected graphs of quantities listed in the database for some of the 1998 model year vehicles tested.
CitationHeydinger, G., Bixel, R., Garrott, W., Pyne, M. et al., "Measured Vehicle Inertial Parameters-NHTSA’s Data Through November 1998," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1336, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1336.
- Garrott, W.R. Measured Vehicle Inertial Parameters - NHTSA’s Data Through September 1992 SAE Paper 930897 February 1993
- Garrott, W.R. Monk, M.W. Chrstos, J.P. A Vehicle Inertial Parameters-Measured Values and Approximations SAE Paper 881767 November 1988
- Chrstos, J.P. An Evaluation of Static Rollover Propensity Measures DOT HS 807 747 May 1991
- Heydinger, G.J. Durisek, N.J. Coovert, D.A. Guenther, D.A. Novak, S.J. The Design of a Vehicle Inertia Measurement Facility SAE Paper, 950309 February 1995
- Heydinger, G.J. Durisek, N.J. Coovert Lawrence, R.D. Nowjack, J.A. Guenther, D.A. An Overview of a Vehicle Inertia Measurement Facility 27th International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation, ISATA Paper 94SF034 October 1994
- VIMF and Tilt Table Results -12 Vehicles Used for Rollover Testing - Phase 2, With and Without Outriggers VRTC Final Report, NHTSA Contracts DTNH22-98-P-08091 and DTNH22-98-P-08160, S.E.A., Inc. May October 1998
- Determine Static Stability Factor for 32 Vehicles NHTSA Final Report, NHTSA Contract DTNH22-98-Q-02041, S.E.A., Inc. November 1998
- Garrott, W.R. A The Variation of Static Rollover Metrics with Vehicle Loading and Between Similar Vehicles SAE Paper 920583 February 1992
- Chrstos, J.P. Heydinger, G.J. Guenther, D.A. Error Analysis Techniques Applied to Vehicle Inertial Parameter Measurement 44 97 112 ASME Winter Annual Meeting November 1992