This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement and Evaluation of Aerodynamic Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently, aerodynamic noise which originates in the flow of the body surroundings is actualized as a main cause of an automobile interior noise when running at high speed, because engine, power train and tire noise have been greatly decreased. Along with it, the measurement technology for the phenomenon elucidation and the evaluation has been demanded to decrease aerodynamic noise.
In this paper, typical measurement examples of aerodynamic noise are introduced. These measurement technologies can be classified, and arranged to four types of measurements, which are flow, external noise, transmission psth and interior noise. This paper presents how the advancement of these measurement technologies has contributed to the aerodynamic noise elucidation. Moreover, the latest evaluation method of aerodynamic noise and the trend in the future to the demand of customer's many topics are introduced.
CitationIida, N., "Measurement and Evaluation of Aerodynamic Noise," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1124, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1124.
- Haruna S. et al. On Aerodynamic Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.892120 1989
- Sato H. et al. Applications of LDV Measurement to Aerodynamic Research Journal of SAE of Japan 51 4 1997
- Haruna S. et al. An Experimental Study on Aerodynamic Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.912211 1991
- Sumitani K. at al. Research on Aerodynamic Noise Around Automobiles Trans. of SAE of Japan 27 1 1996
- Haruna S. et al. An Experimental Study of Aerodynamic Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.902257 1990
- Yamada M. et al. Development of a Micro Pressure Sensor and Measurement of Body Surface Pressure Journal of SAE of Japan 52 9 1998
- Hitomi Y. et al. Try of Measurement Technique Using a New Directional Microphone Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.900427 1990
- Komine T. et al. Aerodynamic Noise Measurement Using Near-field Acoustic Holography Proc. of JSAE Conf., No.921010 1992
- Asano T. et al. Wind Noise Paths into the Passenger Compartment NISSAN TECHNICAL REVIEW 29 1991
- Yoshimatu et al. Measurement of Aerodynamic Noise Using Sound Intensity Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.851015 1885
- Nagayoshi T. et al. The Influence of Body Shape upon Vehicle Aerodynamic Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf., No.9535549 1995
- Shibuya et al. An Influence of the Interior Noise Balance on Comfort under High Speed Driving Condition Journal of SAE of Japan 49 6 1995
- Oda K. et al. Application of Neural Network to Fluctuating Aerodynamic Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.9535512 1995
- Kakagiri A. et al. Analysis of aerodynamic noise fluctuation caused by natural wind Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.9634431 1996
- Hoshino H. et al. Balance Evaluation of Passenger Car Interior Noise Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.9535954 1995
- Onishi K. et al. Development of a System for Evaluating Car Interior Sound Quality During Acceleration Proc. of JSAE Conf.,No.9638842 1996
- Ohashi, M. Improvement of Sound Quality of Vehicle Noise Journal of SAE of Japan 49 6 1995
- Iida N. et al. Measurement of Automobile Noise in Wind Tunnel Proc. of JSAE Conf., No.9636781 1996
- Merker E. et al. On the Induced Noise of Test Sections in Different Wind Tunnels and in the Cabin of a Passenger Car SAE Paper 940415 1994