This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Novel Antilock Braking System (M-ABS) Using Pure 4 Axial Directional Forces
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A novel Antilock Braking System (ABS) named “M-ABS”, which was based on the novel sensor system named “μ-sensor” has been developed. The performance of the μ-sensor which made the real-time measurement of pure 4 directional forces, that is 3 dimensional forces (Fx, Fy, Fz) and application braking force (Fb), acting on the wheel axle structure was demonstrated. It was confirmed experimentally that the M-ABS made the braking distance decrease and the maneuverability improve considerably, compared with the conventional ABS. The strategy for the dynamic control of the vehicle by employing the output of the μ-sensor also has been discussed.
CitationMiyazaki, N., Sonoda, H., Tamaki, H., Yamaguchi, T. et al., "A Novel Antilock Braking System (M-ABS) Using Pure 4 Axial Directional Forces," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0477, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-0477.
- Leiber H. et. al., “Antiskid System for Passenger Cars with a Digital Electronic Control Unit”, SAE Paper 790458 (1979)
- Reppich A. et.al., “Yaw Rate Sensor for Vehicle Dynamics Control System”, SAE Paper 950537 (1995)
- Sivashankar N. et. al., “Yaw Rate Estimation for Vehicle-Control Applications”, Proc. of the ASME Dynamics Systems and Control Division ASME (1996) pp.45-52
- Kimbrough S. et. al., “An Effective Means for Implementing Wheelslip Control without a Ground Speed Sensor”, Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement 25 (1996) pp.327-339
- PasterkampW.R. and PacejkaH.B.: “Application of Neural Networks in the Estimation of Tire/Road Friction Using the Tire as Sensor”, SAE Paper 971122 (1997)
- Miyazaki N. et al: “Antilock Brake System (M-ABS) Based on the Friction Coefficient between the Wheel and Road Surface.” SAE Paper 900207 (1990)
- “Anti-lock Braking System” JAPAN ABS Corp. (Nihon-ABS kabushiki-gaisha) Nakanishi J. et. al. Sankaidou (1993) p.41
- Voit M. et. al., “Methodology for the design of a new strategy in vehicle braking: Simulation and comparison of algorithms.”, AVEC Paper, 9438745 (1994)
- Miyazaki N. et al, “Braking Performance of a Vehicle equipped with ABS System using the Road Surface Frictional Coefficient μ(M-ABS)”, Transactions of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.27 No.3 (1996)
- Perronne J. M. et. al., “On Line Measurement of Braking Torque Using a Strain Sensor”, SAE Paper 940333 (1994)