This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aerospace & Defense Technology: October 2017
- Magazine Issue
Published October 01, 2017 by SAE International in United States
- Using Thermal Simulation to Model the Effects of Wind on the Mars Curiosity Rover
- Quality and Validation of Digital Designs for Aerospace and Defense
- Scaling LiDAR Optical Payloads from Drones to Miniature UAVs
- Using Sintered Fiber Metal Composites for Aircraft Acoustic Attenuation
- GaN Breaks Barriers
RF Power Amplifiers Go Wide and High
- Test System Ensures Flawless Performance of Military RF Devices
- The Impact of Video Compression on Remote Cardiac Pulse Measurement Using Imaging Photoplethysmography
Remote physiological measurement technique leverages digital cameras to recover the blood volume pulse from the human body.
- Sensitivity Simulation of Compressed Sensing Based Electronic Warfare Receiver Using Orthogonal Matching Pursuit Algorithm
Calculate the sensitivity of a CS based EW receiver using two modulation schemes.
- Initial Validation of Ballistic Shock Accelerometers
A Test Operations Procedure (TOP) describing methods and instrumentation used in the initial validation of accelerometers to be used in both Ballistic Shock testing and crew/vehicle survivability Live Fire Test and Evaluation (LFT&E).
- Custom Data Logger for Real-Time Remote Field Data Collections
Compact, energy efficient instruments have the same functionality as a personal computer.
- Subjective Mapping of Dust-Emission Sources by Using MODIS Imagery
Accurate dust-source characterizations are critical for effectively modeling dust storms and their associated hazards.
- Topology Control in Aerial Multi-Beam Directional Networks
Comparing the performance of a centralized algorithm that retains robust connectivity and reduced throughput to a distributed algorithm that offers higher throughput but fewer network nodes.