This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
SAE Off-Highway Engineering: February 5, 2016
- Magazine Issue
Published February 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
- Off-highway hybrids: Opportunities and
With oil prices declining and emissions regulations in North America 'stabilized,' is there a place for hybrid powertrains in this new world of cheap oil?
- Looking for a better image
Display advances are helping to reduce operator fatigue.
- Charging up electrified powertrains
Control technologies race forward while batteries improve and adopt standard sizes.
- Measuring and accounting for suspension
TARDEC teamed with SEA Ltd. to develop a system to measure the suspension parameters, center of gravity, and moments of inertia of wheeled vehicles in the never ending quest to model and predict vehicle dynamic behavior.
- Looking at mobility in 2050
Cuneyt L. Oge begins his term as 2016 SAE International President with a vision about the future of auto- and aero-mobility.
- Surface Generation speeds composites throughput with one-shot stamp-forming process
- Argonne centers to focus on expediting commercialization of technology
- 'Super-precision' cylindrical roller bearings launched by SKF
- Cummins aims to boost heavy-duty diesel efficiency to 55%
- Gleaner upgrades cabins, drives on S9 Series Combines