This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Developing a Standardized Performance Evaluation of Vehicles with Automated Driving Features
- Journal Article
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.4271/12-02-03-0011
ISSN: 2574-0741, e-ISSN: 2574-075X
Published August 21, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Basantis, A., Doerzaph, Z., Harwood, L., and Neurauter, L., "Developing a Standardized Performance Evaluation of Vehicles with Automated Driving Features," SAE Intl. J CAV 2(3):2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/12-02-03-0011.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice , “Taxonomy and Definitions for Terms Related to Driving Automation systems for On-Road Motor Vehicles,” SAE Standard J3016™, Rev. Jun. 2018.
- Knauss, A., Schröder, J., Berger, C., and Eriksson, H. , “Paving the Roadway for Safety of Automated Vehicles: An Empirical Study on Testing Challenges, in 2017 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), Los Angeles, CA, 1873-1880.
- Zhao, D. and Peng, H. , “From the Lab to the Street: Solving the Challenge of Accelerating Automated Vehicle Testing,” University of Michigan, Mcity White Paper, 2017.
- Sippl, C., Bock, F., Wittmann, D., Altinger, H., and German, R. , “From Simulation Data to Test Cases for Fully Automated Driving and ADAS, in 2016 IFIP International Conference on Testing Software and Systems, Graz, Austria, 191-206.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), “Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) Test Protocol (Version I),” 2013, https://www.iihs.org/ratings/about-our-tests/test-protocols-and-technical-information.
- Euro NCAP , “Test Protocol - AEB Systems,” 2017, https://www.euroncap.com/en/for-engineers/protocols/safety-assist/.
- UNECE , “Regulation No. 79: Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with Regard to Steering Equipment,” 2005, https://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs61-80.html.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) , “Reality Check: Research, Deadly Crashes Show Need for Caution on Road to Full Autonomy,” Special Issue: Autonomous Vehicles 53(4):1-11, 2018.
- Euro NCAP , “2018 Automated Driving Tests,” 2018, https://www.euroncap.com/en/vehicle-safety/safety-campaigns/2018-automated-driving-tests/.
- Terry, T., and Tanner, S. , “Problematic Roadway Environments for Automated Vehicles - Database Development. National Surface Transportation Safety Center for Excellence, Report #18-UR-064, 2017.
- Agaram, V., Barickman, F., Fahrenkrog, F., Griffor, E. et al. , “Validation and Verification of Automated Road Vehicles,” Road Vehicle Automation 3:201-210, 2016.
- Pfeffer, R. and Leichsenring, T. , “Continuous Development of Highly Automated Driving Functions with Vehicle-in-the-Loop Using the Example of Euro NCAP Scenarios,” Simulation and Testing for Vehicle Technology, 2016, 33-42.
- Alberi, T. , “A Proposed Standardized Testing Procedures for Autonomous Ground Vehicles,” Virginia Tech master’s thesis, 2008.
- Koppa, R. , “Monograph on Traffic Flow Theory,” U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, 1990, 1-32.
- Virginia Department of Transportation , “Work Zone Safety: Guidelines for Temporary Traffic Control,” 2011 Virginia Work Area Protection Manual, 14-15, 2012.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) , “ISO 22179: Intelligent Transport Systems - Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control (FSRA) Systems - Performance Requirements and Test Procedures,” 2009.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) , “ISO 15622 - Intelligent Transport Systems - Adaptive Cruise Control Systems - Performance Requirements and Test Procedures,” 2010.