This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Using a Dual-Layer Specification to Offer Selective Interoperability for Uptane
ISSN: 2572-1046, e-ISSN: 2572-1054
Published August 24, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Moore, M., McDonald, I., Weimerskirch, A., Awwad, S. et al., "Using a Dual-Layer Specification to Offer Selective Interoperability for Uptane," SAE Int. J. Transp. Cyber. & Privacy 2(2):113-129, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/11-02-02-0011.
- “Project Overview,” Uptane Website, https://uptane.github.io/overview.html, last accessed June 29, 2019.
- Awwad, S., Diaz, V. , Kuppusamy, T. , Puehringer, L. , Sakhuja, S. , Torres, S. , Wang, K., and Cappos, J., “Uptane Reference Implementation,” https://github.com/uptane/uptane, last accessed June 29, 2019.
- Viardot, E. , “Trust and Standardization in the Adoption of Innovation,” IEEE Communications Standards Magazine 31-35, 2017.
- Scholl, M., Stine, K. , Hash, J. , Bowen, P. , Johnson, A. , Smith, C. , and Steinberg, D., “NIST Glossary,” https://csrc.nist.gov/glossary/term/Standard, last accessed June 29, 2019.
- McDonald, C. , “How the Development of Standards Will Affect the Internet of Things,” Computer Weekly, 2014.
- McLaughlin, P. and Sherouse, O. , “The Mclaughlin-Sherouse List: The 10 Most-Regulated Industries of 2014,” Mercatus Center 2016.
- “ISO/TC 22/SC 32 Electrical and Electronic Components and General System Aspects: Road vehicles Functional Safety,” Standard ISO 26262, International Standards Organization, 2018, https://www.iso.org/standard/68383.html.
- “ISO/TC 22/SC 32 Electrical and Electronic Components and General System Aspects: Road Vehicles Cybersecurity Engineering,” Standard ISO 21434, International Standards Organization, 2020, https://www.iso.org/standard/70918.html.
- C/LM—LAN/MAN Standards Committee , “IEEE Standard for Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (phy) Specifications,” Standard IEEE 802.11-1997, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1997, https://standards.ieee.org/standard/802_11-1997.html.
- Mathews, L. , “Uptane Will Protect Your Connected Car from Hackers,” Forbes, 2017.
- “Uptane Alliance Homepage,” https://ieee-isto.org/membemprograms/uptanealliance, last accessed June 29, 2019.
- “What Is the Difference between a Code, Standard, Regulation and Specification in the Electrical Industry?,” https://blog.nvent.com/erico/erico-what-is-the-difference-between-a-code-standard-regulation-and-specification-in-the-electrical-industry/, last accessed Feb. 21, 2020.
- “Develop Standards,” https://standards.ieee.org/develop/develop-standards/process.html, last accessed Nov. 5, 2019.
- “Developing Standards,” https://www.iso.org/developing-standards.html, last accessed Nov. 5, 2019.
- Standards Development Process, https://www.sae.org/standardsdev/devprocess.htm, last accessed Nov. 5, 2019.
- Standards Process, https://www.ietf.org/standards/process/, last accessed Nov. 5, 2019.
- Bradner, S. , “Key Words for Use in RFCS to Indicate Requirement Levels,” Standard, Network Working Group, 1997.
- Uptane Alliance , “IEEE-ISTO 6188.8.131.52 Uptane Standard for Design and Implementation,” Standard IEEE-ISTO 6100, IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization, 2019, https://www.iso.org/standard/43464.html.
- Bormann, C. and Hoffman, P. , “Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR),” Standard RFC 7049, Internet Engineering Task Force, 2013.
- Html 4.0 Specification , “Standard, W3C Recommendation,” 1997.
- Shafranovich, Y. , “Common Format and Mime Type for Comma-Separated Values (CSV) Files,” Standard RFC 4180, Internet Engineering Task Force 2005.
- Bray, T., Paoli, J. , Sperberg-McQueen, C.M. , Maler, E. , and Yergeau, F., “Extensible Markup Language (xml) 1.0 (Fifth Edition),” Standard, W3C Recommendation, “NIST Glossary,” 2008, https://www.w3.org/TR/xml/.
- Kuppusamy, T. , DeLong, L. , and Cappos, J. , “Uptane Security and Customizability of Software Updates for Vehicles,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine 66-73, 2018.
- Uptane, “Uptane Adoptions,” https://uptane.github.io/adoptions.html, last accessed June 29, 2019.
- Kuppusamy, T. , “Securing Over-the-Air Updates against Nation State Actor,” Uptane SAE Meeting, 2018.
- Moore, M. and Cappos, J. , “Uptane Reference Implementation POUF,” https://github.com/uptane/POUFs/blob/master/POUF1.md, last accessed July 30, 2020.
- Cargill, C.F. , “Why Standardization Efforts Fail,” The Journal of Electronic Publishing 14, 2011.
- LaMaire, R. , Krishna, A. , Bhagwat, P. , and Panian, J. , “Wireless 1ans and Mobile Networking: Standards and Future Directions,” IEEE Communications Magazine 86-94, 1996.
- C/LM—LAN/MAN Standards Committee , “IEEE Standard for Information Technology-Telecommunications and Information Exchange between Systems Local and Metropolitan Area Networks-Specific Requirements Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (phy) Specifications,” Standard IEEE 802.11-2012, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2012, https://standards.ieee.org/standard/802_11-2012.html.
- C/LM—LAN/MAN Standards Committee , “IEEE Standard for Information Technology-Telecommunications and Information Exchange between Systems Local and Metropolitan Area Networks-Specific Requirements—Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (phy) Specifications,” Standard IEEE 802.11-2016, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2016, https://standards.ieee.org/standard/802_11-2016.html.
- Shaw, N.E. , “Certification Programs: Different Models That Work,” IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization, 2018.
- Braa, J. , Haneth, O. , Heywood, A. , and Mohammed, W. , “Flexible Standards,” in: IEEE SIIT, Geneva, Switzerland, 2005.
- Beck, M. , “On the Hourglass Model,” Communications of the ACM 62(7), 48-57 (July 2019)
- Trusted Computing Group , “Trusted Platform Module Library Family 2.0 Level 00 Revision 1.59,” March 2020.
- Microsoft , “TPM V2.0 Command and Signal Profile,” Oct. 2018.
- Shaw, N.E. , “Emerging Technologies and the New Face of Standards,” IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization, 2017.
- “Crypto Forum Research Group,” https://irtf.org/cfrg, last accessed June 8, 2020.
- IEEE Standards Association , “Standard for an Architectural Framework for the Internet of Things (IoT),” 2019).
- Paterson, K.G. and van der Merwe, T. , “Reactive and Proactive Standardisation of TLS,” Chen, L., McGrew, D., and Mitchell, C. (eds.), Security Standardisation Research 10074, 160-186, 2016.
- Griffin, P.H. , “Standardization Transparency,” Chen, L. , McGrew, D. , and Mitchell, C. (eds.), Security Standardisation Research 8893, 57-68, 2014.