This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Interaction between Oil Additive Elements on the Heat Dissipated from Oil-Cooled Engine Parts at Various Wall Temperatures
ISSN: 1946-3936, e-ISSN: 1946-3944
Published April 16, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Mahmoud, M., Abou-Ziyan, H., and Shedid, M., "Effect of Interaction between Oil Additive Elements on the Heat Dissipated from Oil-Cooled Engine Parts at Various Wall Temperatures," SAE Int. J. Engines 13(3):391-407, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/03-13-03-0026.
- Abou-Ziyan, H. , “Heat Transfer Characteristics of Some Oils Used for Engine Cooling,” Energy Conversion and Management 45:2553-2569, 2004.
- Rudnick, L.R. , Lubricant Additives - Chemistry and Applications Second Edition (Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, 2009).
- Pirouz, S., Wang, Y., Chong, J.M. et al. , “Characterization of the Chemical Composition of Polyisobutylene-Based Oil-Soluble Dispersants by Fluorescence,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry 118:3899-3911, 2014.
- Gatto, V.J. and Bezjak, Y.L. , “The Antioxidant Properties of Organomolybdenum Compounds Engine Oils,” Tribology and Lubrication Technology 62:32-39, 2006.
- Selezneva, I.E., Ivanova, O.V., Trofimova, G.L. et al. , “Superalkaline Engine Oil Additive Based on Isododecyl Phenol,” Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils 48:208-213, 2012.
- McQueen, J.S., Gao, H., Black, E.D. et al. , “Friction and Wear of Tribofilms Formed by Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphate Antiwear Additive in Low Viscosity Engine Oils,” Tribology International 38:289-297, 2005.
- Canter, N. , “New Antiwear and EP Additive Technology,” Tribology and Lubrication Technology 64:14-15, 2008.
- Hadi, H., Tajul, L., Hussin, M.S. et al. , “Study on Ability of Palm Oil as Viscosity Index Improvement (VII) Additive in Thermal Stability (Base Mineral Oil-Cooking Palm Oil),” International Review of Mechanical Engineering 6:456-461, 2012.
- Zin, V., Agresti, F., Barison, S. et al. , “Tribological Properties of Engine Oil with Carbon Nano-Horns as Nano-Additives,” Tribology Letters 55:45-53, 2014.
- Ettefaghi, E.O., Ahmadi, H., Rashidi, A. et al. , “Preparation and Thermal Properties of Oil-Based Nanofluid from Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes and Engine Oil as Nano-Lubricant,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 46:142-147, 2013.
- Vasheghani, M.H., Marzbanrad, E., Zamani, C. et al. , “Effect of Al2O3 Phases on the Enhancement of Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity of Nanofluids in Engine Oil,” Heat and Mass Transfer 47:1401-1405, 2011.
- Ghazvini, M., Akhavan-Behabadi, M.A., Rasouli, E. et al. , “Heat Transfer Properties of Nanodiamond-Engine Oil Nanofluid in Laminar Flow,” Heat Transfer Engineering 33:525-532, 2012.
- Bartha, L., Kis, G., Auer, J. et al. , “Thickening Effects of Interactions between Engine Oil Additives,” Lubrication Science 13:231-249, 2001.
- Schulz, E., Breitsprecher, T., Musayev, Y. et al. , “Interactions between Amorphous Carbon Coatings and Engine Oil Additives: Prediction of the Friction Behavior Using Optimized Artificial Neural Networks,” Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings 33:209-224, 2013.
- Unnikrishnan, R., Jain, M.C., Harinarayan, A.K. et al. , “Additive-Additive Interaction: An XPS Study of the Effect of ZDDP on the AW/EP Characteristics of Molybdenum Based Additives,” Wear 252:240-249, 2002.
- Burke, R., Brace, C., Hawley, J. et al. , “Review of the Systems Analysis of Interactions between the Thermal, Lubricant, and Combustion Processes of Diesel Engines,” Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 224:681-704, 2010.
- Hawley, J., Bannister, C., Brace, C. et al. , “The Effect of Engine and Transmission Oil Viscometrics on Vehicle Fuel Consumption,” Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 224:1213-1228, 2010.
- Oliva, A. and Wachtmeister, G. , “Numerical Simulation of the Multiphase Flow Phenomena in the Crankcase of an Internal Combustion Engine,” Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 231:1718-1731, 2017.
- Suresh-Kumar, M. and Manonmani, K. , “Computational Fluid Dynamics Integrated Development of Gerotor Pump Inlet Components for Engine Lubrication,” Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 224:1555-1567, 2010.
- Gamez-Montero, P.-J., Castilla, R., Campo, D. et al. , “Influence of the Interteeth Clearances on the Flow Ripple in a Gerotor Pump for Engine Lubrication,” Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 226:930-942, 2010.
- Abou-Ziyan, H., Mahmoud, M., and Abou, Z.M. , “Predicting the Thermal Behaviour of Engine Oils Using Artificial Neural Networks,” Proc. IMechE, Part J: J. Eng. Tribology 223:115-124, 2009.
- Al-Ajmi, R., Abou-Ziyan, H., and Mahmoud, M. , “Performance Evaluation of 14 Neural Network Architectures Used for Predicting Heat Transfer Characteristics of Engine Oils,” International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics 13:60-75, 2012.
- Abou-Ziyan, H., Mahmoud, M., Al-Ajmi, R. et al. , “Effects of Synergetic and Antagonistic Additives on the Thermal Performance of Engine Oils at Various Wall Temperatures,” Applied Thermal Engineering 89:618-627, 2015.
- Ozener, O., Yuksek, L., and Ozkan, M. , “Artificial Neural Network Approach to Predicting Engine-Out Emissions and Performance Parameters of a Turbo Charged Diesel Engine,” Thermal Science 17:153-166, 2013.
- Hosoz, M., Ertunc, H., Karabektas, M. et al. , “ANFIS Modelling of the Performance and Emissions of a Diesel Engine Using Diesel Fuel and Biodiesel Blends,” Applied Thermal Engineering 60:24-32, 2013.
- Çay, Y., Korkmaz, I., Çiçek, A. et al. , “Prediction of Engine Performance and Exhaust Emissions for Gasoline and Methanol Using Artificial Neural Network,” Energy 50:177-186, 2013.
- Taghavifar, H., Khalilarya, S., and Jafarmadar, S. , “Diesel Engine Spray Characteristics Prediction with Hybridized Artificial Neural Network Optimized by Genetic Algorithm,” Energy 71:656-664, 2014.
- Çay, Y., Çiçek, A., Kara, F. et al. , “Prediction of Engine Performance for an Alternative Fuel Using Artificial Neural Network,” Applied Thermal Engineering 37:217-225, 2012.
- Jahirul, M., Brown, R., Senadeera, W. et al. , “The Use of Artificial Neural Networks for Identifying Sustainable Biodiesel Feedstocks,” Energies 6:3764-3806, 2013.
- Betiku, E., Omilakin, O., Ajala, S. et al. , “Mathematical Modeling and Process Parameters Optimization Studies by Artificial Neural Network and Response Surface Methodology: A Case of Non-Edible Neem (Azadirachta indica) Seed Oil Biodiesel Synthesis,” Energy 72:266-273, 2014.
- Liu, B., Zhao, C., Zhang, F. et al. , “Misfire Detection of a Turbocharged Diesel Engine by Using Artificial Neural Networks,” Applied Thermal Engineering 55:26-32, 2013.
- Colorado, D., Ali, M., García-Valladares, O. et al. , “Heat Transfer Using a Correlation by Neural Network for Natural Convection from Vertical Helical Coil in Oil and Glycerol/Water Solution,” Energy 36:854-863, 2011.
- Movagharnejad, K., Mehdizadeh, B., Banihashemi, M. et al. , “Forecasting the Differences between Various Commercial Oil Prices in the Persian Gulf Region by Neural Network,” Energy 36:3979-3984, 2011.
- Khorramian, B.A., Iyer, G.R., Kodali, S. et al. , “Review of Antiwear Additives for Crankcase Oils,” Wear 169:87-95, 1993.
- Denis, J., Briant, J., and Hipeaux, J.-C. , Lubricant Properties, Analysis and Testing, T2000-Editions (France: Technip, 2000).
- Muchai, J.G., Kelkar, A.D., Klett, D.E., and Sankar, J. , “Thermal-Mechanical Effects of Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coatings on Diesel Engine Piston,” Materials Research Society Symposium - Proceedings 697:317-322, 2002.
- French, C.J. , “Problems Arising from the Water Cooling of Engine Components,” Proc. Inst. of Mech. Eng. 184(29):Pt. 1, 1969.