90-Day Access Period
SAE International On Demand Courses
Corporations today are on-boarding new employees critical to their mission in supporting various industries. The ramp up of these individuals is necessary to quickly contribute to the core expertise of the business. The challenge to corporations is to introduce these individuals into a far more complex world, both external and internal to the enterprise.
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of the Automotive Industry “Ecosystem,” describing its global dimension, impact on society, business dynamics, organizational structure, future trends, and the importance of the technical staffs inside automotive companies.
Recognizing the breadth of this industry, the course endeavors to provide the participant with a broad understanding of the workings of an automotive enterprise. It is designed to enable new employees to perform their job functions more successfully by knowing how their responsibilities fit into, contribute to, influence, and are influenced by all the elements in automobile ecosystem.
While the course is just under an hour in length, the estimated time to completion, including practice exercises, knowledge checks and the learning assessment is two hours.
By participating in this On Demand Course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the size and scope of the global automotive industry and the trending new technologies that will shape its future
- Describe the influences of the business environment including the supply chain’s tiered structure and integration with the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)
- Highlight the automotive sector’s social contributions
- Describe the past and present automotive sector’s corporate culture
- Relate the steps necessary to create a business model
- Illustrate the OEM’s organizational structure, functions, and processes
- Describe the functional and performance groups responsible for product execution organized by subsystem and product performance requirements
- Describe a day in the life of an automotive engineer
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the one hour presentation
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Online learning assessment
- Two job aids for practical application of the topics covered
- Glossary of key terms
- .2 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
Is this On Demand Course for You?
This course will benefit engineers who are entering the automobile industry in any capacity, including new hires having responsibilities in manufacturing, maintenance, research, design, product and process development, program and project management, troubleshooting, and materials management.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
For More Details
Email CustomerService@sae.org, or call 1-877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada) or 724-776-4970 (outside US and Canada).LEARN MORE